Don’t forget your phone charger, your baby blanket, or your older brother’s ID; these are the rules you know, the rules that are secretly written on a paper inside of your wallets.
But here’s the real list.
1) Don’t forget to get a job. Leeching off of your parents only goes so far, and even if you’ll starve now and then, it’s the experience, right?
2) When you have a nervous breakdown, smoke some marijuana. It’s good for you, promise. ;)
3) If you like college, go, and work damn hard at it. If you want to do hair, go to beauty school, and work damn hard at it. Work hard and push yourself; this way you won’t become that twenty-two year old with a beer gut.
4) Don’t forget to break the rules. Party, drink underage, drive with your music blaring, trip on campus after dark. Whatever gets you off, don’t forget you’re not your grandpa.
5) Don’t forget to follow your dreams. If you’re on the road your parents or your boy/girlfriend want you to go down, don’t be surprised if you’re not happy and force yourself through that hell. Quit. Work. Figure out what it’s gonna take to achieve your dreams, and do whatever it takes to get there.
This list is to try and help you keep from dying of boredom, of over work, of over play, and to give some advice to keep your head up when you’re behind on homework, working too much, and still can’t afford food. Work hard, play hard, make time for friends and family, and… Good luck.